Wednesday, September 27, 2006

More TV

We watched Heroes and Shark and long story short, we're staying on them both.

Heroes is interesting. Not necessarily the best acting or writing on tv, but it is interesting to me that they're actually trying a superhero serial on television with no license behind it. I'll be interested to see how it does.
I've never really liked Smallville or Birds of Prey cause the production values are always hella low and the acting talent is virtually non-existent.
Heroes looks like it could be different and I am intrigued by the fact that they told us in episode 1 that it is just volume 1 of the story they are starting.

As for Shark, I really like James Woods. This show is really like House for lawyers. Anyone who knows me knows how much I think House rocks. He's just a great character with depth and a really sharp wit.
Sebastian Stark, from Shark, is not quite to House's level, but in fairness, I have only seen one episode. It is weird to watch this show and Justice, because they're really the same sort of show but from opposite sides. In a world where the two shows were one, Stark could would alongside TNT&G, the ridiculous, but high stakes criminal defense firm from Justice. But in Shark, this guy, this rich, sleazy lawyer switches sides and decides to prosecute criminals instead. I haven't yet determined whether or not the show is demonizing defense attorneys or suggesting that they are truly better lawyers. It seems that there is a lot more going on, a lot more subtext, in Shark as opposed to Justice. It doesn't have the cheap and ridiculous temporary amusement of Justice, but I am not sure if it really has what it takes to ultimately become House for lawyers. But I think I'll continue watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home