Monday, June 26, 2006

Streudel and Truffle

Most of you didn't know them, but Streudel and Truffle, but they were two totally awesome dachshunds that my parents bought when I was ten years old.
Well they died today.
They were 16 years old and their lives were not good anymore.
And around 4 o'clock this afternoon, they were put to sleep.
They will definitely be missed.
I've had a bit of a hard time with it because they're really the first pets I have ever had die. There was a dog that died before them, but I never really considered him to be "my" dog.
He was my dad's dog and he never much liked us.
But Streudel and Truffle, who I will reiterate, were completely awesome dogs, came around at the right time and they were definitely "mine."
I don't yet have a picture of them, but I hope to get some soon and I can immortalize them on the internet the way they deserve.
Just so you know, when I was asked as a child if I would want a dachshund, the resounding answer was no. No idea why, but I didn't like them.
Then I met Streudel. She was awesome and totally changed my life. If it weren't for the two of them, I wouldn't have Grace and Paikea today.

I will always remember them and love them. This is really hard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really sad. I'm sorry that it had to happen. I hope you feel better soon.

7:27 PM, June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home