Monday, April 24, 2006

Sunday April 23rd 2006 - a truly crappy day

Well, I broke my computer.

Yeah, that's right. I broke it.

I had been having some issues with the case of my computer and, since it was built by a friend and I, I figured I could move the innards from case to case and be better off.

Sadly, I got everything right but one tiny thing.

Somehow, in the process, my 250GB harddrive went a bit screwy. It lost my partitions and with that, close to 200 GB worth of files. A bulk of that was music, and a lion's share of that was bought legally, and a healthy portion of that is irreplaceable.

Luckily, my friend Brad came to the rescue and found a program available over the internet that recovered my files. Using this, I am backing up said files to DVD. This is an intensely long process and in a little over 6 hours, I managed to back up 2/10 of half of the files.

Yeah, it's gonna be a while.

Yay me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shaun said...

Nothing scares me quite like mingling the phrases "lost" and "200 GBs". Good to hear it's recoverable.

1:50 AM, April 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home