Saturday, October 28, 2006

More TV

I think this shall be the second to last post about the new season of tv.
This is only because there is one last show debuting in November, called Daybreak. So I'll post again to say whether or not it was any good.

Ugly Betty - Yeah. It recorded and my mom likes it so I checked it out. It's a truly odd show. Not sure what to think about it except I don't like it. Dropped.

Dexter - Not sure if this one counts since it's a Showtime show. But it's really good and we're going to continue watching it, so I thought to include it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a show quite like it. The main character is a serial killer who hunts other serial killers. So he should be unlikeable, right? Who can like a sociopath? And that's why it's so weird. Cause you LIKE him, but don't LOVE him. He's creepy and off and you sort of wonder why nobody in the show realizes just how off, but it's good. Kept.

The Nine - Not thrilling, but somewhat interesting. I have absolutely no idea how to maintain a season based on the premise much less the looming question of what multiple seasons would look like. But so far, it's a pretty interesting character study. I dunno, they'll probably cancel it, but we're watching it anyway.

30 Rock - Not sure what braintrust decided that NBC needed two shows about a Saturday Night Live type show, but in a showdown, this one wins hands down. For starters, it's actually funny. The characters are more likeable and for fuck's sake, they made me like Alec Baldwin. I'm in.

So, to look at the numbers fairly, I have to remove Smith since it was promptly cancelled 3 episodes in.
With this post, we picked up 3 shows and lost 2.
By my calculations, we have picked up 8 shows as of today.
We sampled and promptly dropped 6 shows.
1 program was cancelled and whether or not we're going to continue watching Justice is up in the air. If we do decide to drop Justice, which is going nowhere fast, then that will put our watching of this season at exactly 50/50 (including Smith as being cancelled).

I think this may go on record as the least interesting experiment ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

I dropped most of the new stuff I wanted to watch just because I never got around to watching it. There are some (like Jericho) that I would still like to watch on DVD. I started recording Heroes again because I've heard from several people that it's really good and I think I can watch the previously aired episodes online. I like Ugly Betty too. It's a good show to have on while you're doing other stuff because it doesn't require your full attention. I'm getting bored with Studio 60. If it doesn't pick up in the next couple of weeks I'm going to drop it too. Can't wait for 24 to come back!

10:30 AM, October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home